Monthly Archives: June 2012
It crossed my mind recently that jobs lost seem to always get more
airPlay than jobs created.
So out of curiosity I did a scan to see
what jobs were created in Ireland in May.
Here’s what I’ve come up with so far:
Merit medical. Galway. 200 jobs.
Copper fasten technologies 37 jobs software
SAP- 250 jobs in Galway & Dublin
System dynamics Dublin 30
Cylon. Energy firm. 50 new jobs
Business search engine CASH IQ 45 new jobs
Semiconductor firm Zentrum. ZMDI. 35 new jobs
Laya healthcare cork 100 new jobs
IBM. 200 minimum new jobs
Apple based in Cork – 500 new jobs.
So without much digging that’s about 1247 new jobs.
Interesting. I know jobs are being lost but that’s the natural cycle in business.
Sometimes you’d be fooled into thinking there were no new jobs…..
And the above doesn’t allow for all of the new start ups on the horizon.
If you know of more please add them in the comments….
I’ve spent all of this week on planes, trains and automobiles… (currently writing this blog on a train).
I’ve had a blend of speaking events, workshops and 1 to 1 coaching and it’s been very intense but very enjoyable. Here’s some of the top topics clients have learned during the week:
1. If you’re not managing interruptions during your day, you’re inviting them.
2. If you can add 1 hour into your day focusing on the important stuff, you’ll add an extra 30 days of worthwhile work to your year.
3.If you don’t have a strategy to manage your mindset/mood, you’ll never have sustained high performance in business, sport or life.
4. Most people look after their phone’s charge more than their own charge… (fitness, mind, spirit)
5. If you get more work done out of the office, then why are you in the office?
6. When I work better, everything around me works better.
7. Business is a marathon. So why am I treating it like a sprint?
8. When I think bigger, amazing stuff can happen…
Have a great June weekend.