Monthly Archives: February 2011
Left to Right – Shane Cradock, Brian Tracy.
Photography: Susan Kennedy (Lensmen Photographic Agency)
I attended Brian Tracy’s event titled ‘7 Steps to building a High Profit Business and Becoming Wealthy’ on Sunday the 27th February, and found it very interesting. Brian himself was very inspiring and I learned a lot from him. I got a chance to meet him after the event and pick his brain a little!
Here’s the link to the event details:
On the 8th of February WDA ran a seminar titled ‘Grow Your Business In 2011’, they lined up 6 guest speakers including myself and Irish Dragon Gavin Duffy. €10 of all admission fees was donated to Temple Street Children’s Hospital.
- Guy Fagan: Search Engine Optimisation & Social Networking to Grow your Business
- Darragh Kilbride: Tax Update & Tax Advice for your Business following the 2011 Budget
- Shane Cradock: Changing the Mindset of Business People
- Guest Speaker: Gavin Duffy: How to Change & Grow your Business in 2011
- Jason Dowling: Practical Advice on Changing your Business from an Accounting, Reporting and Compliance point of view
- Poll Moussoulides: Business Voice Coach – How to improve Communication and Presentation Skills in Business
The seminar was very productive and got great feedback from all who attended.
Here’s your shot of weekly inspiration & funny video below:
“Prayer is when you talk to God; meditation is when you listen to God.” ~Author Unknown
It doesn’t matter whether you believe in a God or not, meditation is worth knowing about. The benefits include:
– More peace of mind and happiness
– More creativity
– Improved metabolism
– Better immune system
– Stronger coping mechanisms
& much more.
I predict that you will be hearing a lot more about ‘meditation’ and ‘mindfulness’ with regards to business over the next 5 years. The research in this area is exploding.
It’s ironic that the smarter we get with our technological creations, the ‘busier’ we get in our minds, which ultimately leads to more
stress and less creativity. Technology is amazing but most of us don’t have control of it. We spend more time ‘online’ that we do ‘in tune’ with ourselves. (Some could say that technology was the new God…) It’s VITAL to get some ‘quiet time’ for your mind every day – consistently! My advice is to start something if you haven’t and if you have keep doing it.
If you’d like to start your week with a laugh, have a look at this sketch with Ronnie Corbett about Blackberry and Apple. (Just in case you can’t see the video on screen, here’s the link My Blackberry Is Not Working)